Sunday, August 31, 2008

Florida: Year One

At midnight tonight, I will have celebrated one full year of residing in Florida. Time has surely flown and much has happened. I moved to four separate residences, had three part time jobs, finally got a full time job in my field, did stand-up comedy in front of my largest audience since I debuted in Cincinnati, had my heart destroyed...again, made a couple of friends, took up a martial art, met two pro wrestling icons, attended a historic pro wrestling event, ate the biggest burger I've ever had, suffered great frustration, immense loneliness, and every day wake with a sense of "where-do-I-go-from-here?".

Things that I will do during my next year in Florida:
- Win a sparring match in Muay Thai.
- Get 30 minutes of killer comedy material.
- Finish my feature length film script (World War 2.5!)
- Do a short film with people from work.
- Find a job that will allow me to learn more and explore creatively.
- Fly to California to visit contacts...and maybe find work there.
- If given the finances, save for pro wrestling school.
- Become faster than I was in 2002 and stronger than I was in 2006.
- Write an average of at least one blog a week.
- As much as I hate it...I'll start dating *groan*.

That's it for now.

Stuff to look forward to on my blog the next couple days:
- Movie reviews of Pineapple Express and Hamlet 2
- A new, ongoing feature that I call Pop Culture Religion.

Peace.

2 comments:

Tommy said...

Huzzah!

Unknown said...

Good goals for the year! Time flies doesn't it?