Sunday, May 17, 2009

List of Random Stuff I Like That Others Might Like But Don't Put On A List Entitled "Things I Like"

I gotta ride through a fat tsunami wave of frustration and depression and since I don't have any friends here to provide a distraction, I thought I'd make a list of random stuff/activities/attributes that I enjoy/like:
- Hard rock adaptations of video game music like this or this.
- The rush and relief that comes to your feet when you take off your shoes after a long day.
- The grittiness of "old fashioned" styled peanut butter.
- Humming, imitating guitar riffs with your mouth, or drumming a desk with a pen to a song in your head and someone else recognizing the tune and joining in. The original "Rock Band."
- Instruction manuals that have pictures of every single step, everything clearly labeled, leaving nothing to assumption.
- Kissing a loved one on the forehead.
- Prompt responses, even when the answer is "no."
- Dusty Rhodes talking.
- Smell of women's hair.
- The soreness after a good workout.
- The instant rush of cold from throat to fingers that you get when chugging a beer after being out in the hot sun for hours.
- The sterility of my mouth after using Listerine.
- HBO miniseries based on history (Band of Brothers, John Adams, etc.)
- Random Transformers or He-Man references in any conversation.
- All State Insurance commercials featuring Dennis Haysbert.
- The touch of a lady caressing my back with her fingernails.
- Pretending to be a ninja with little kids.
- Smell of old leather.
- The touch of fleece.
- Listening to a song on the radio that you know but have never heard being played on the radio before.
- The saxophone solo of a jazz or bebop song.
- Getting licked on the face by a dog.
- People who snort when they laugh.
- Having exact change.
- Praying while walking in the park.
- People watch and write at a busy restaurant or park.
- Inventing new pizzas (Chili Dog Pizza and the upcoming experiments Mini-Corndog Pizza and Pizza Roll Pizza or as I like to call it "The Redundancy").
- Writing pointless lists like this one.
- Having someone share their secret with you.
- Shaking hands of men who have awesome mustaches. Yes, I've actually done it.
- Listening, watching, and smelling a bonfire in pitch black night.
- The sound of sizzling meat on the grill.
- Reading philosophy.
- Studying the history of wrestling both regular and "professional."
- The way my mouth waters when I taste a great BBQ sauce.
- The way some MMA fighters walk up to each other after a fight for a post-match "man-hug."
- Thinking of Muppet versions of movies they have no business being in (Scarface, The Graduate, etc.).
- Killing time on Facebook or Cracked.com.
- Finding a grocery cart that has four fully functioning wheels.
- Sharing and talking about comics with total strangers at a bookstore.
- The rush to the head after a big sneeze.
- Inserting sound effects into everyday life.
- Dancing at a wedding reception with an open bar.
- Watching movies with subtitles even though the spoken language is still English.
- Picking up a bad movie, gather some friends, and do our own Mystery Science Theater 3000 with it.
- Episodes of any TV show that feature alternate universe or "Bizarro" versions of the regular characters.

I guess that's all I can think of for now. I'll share/think of more when I get steamed up again. Hopefully, I won't have to make another one for a while.

No comments: