Monday, September 11, 2006

Yes, it's another 9/11 Remembrance Blog

Today marks the 5th Anniversary of the World Trade Center attack. I don't want to preach too much about it because too many people do that already, along with those that use 9/11 to push their own agenda. While we should also think about those that continually suffer and get bombed in other parts of the world, I request that those few that read this blog will put their own issues aside and pray/reflect on those who sacrificed time, effort, energy, and life to this situation. Please think about the men and women of the New York Police. Reflect about the FDNY that tried their best in the mother of all disasters. Pray for the volunteers of every race and economic class that stopped in the streets to help. Think of the families of those that died while upholding their code of protection or the families of those who were just going to work or riding on a plane. Think of the troops that we send each day to fight terror, as futile as it might appear. Please set anger aside for the moment to pray and pity those that believe that they are doing Allah's work, for they could not be more deluded or screwed if they tried. Please pray for the Muslims that are unjustly persecuted in this country for the few extremists that plague their faith. Although I disagree with most of his politics, pray for President George W. Bush, for the crown he wears hasn't been this heavy for quite some time and while we agree or disagree with his tactics, he is at least being and staying active in this tumultous time without becoming apathetic. Pray for the living, that they continue to strive, survive, and revive. I thank you for your time to pray.

Now time for something lighter. Here are some things I've learned the past couple of days:
- according to some, I'm going to be married to a woman named Cheryl.
I don't know why.
- the Brits make some good candy bars.
- I should have watched "24" years ago.
- I want all the albums by Clutch and Social Distortion.
- I want Dethklok to release an album.
- The Protector (literally) kicks ass...and breaks arms.
- I still want to watch "Munich"
- I need to read more than before.
- I need to write more than before.
- Even when you are a large, white, redhead from suburbia you can still audition to play a black, street thug that wants to keep his little sister out of his business.
- I can't watch football without other people around me.
- The world is too big not to explore.
- I miss being hugged.
- You have to dig to find good music.

Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was just a good entry. Both parts.