Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Do You Smell What Barack Is Cooking?

Now, I shy away from discussing partisan politics on my blog. Usually it's due to these reasons:
1) I don't think I'm educated enough to eloquently explain my position on issues/candidates.
2) I don't care about or don't trust certain issues or candidates.
3) I'm a moderate, so I don't like most politicians. Also, if I might agree with some ideas from one candidate and disagree with the candidate's other ideas and I state about the stuff I like about the candidate, people will ask me why I like him/her because of the stuff I would usually disagree with. Just because I support the eating of hamburgers doesn't mean that I endorse McDonalds.
4) If I make a public political statement it would be held against me or someone would try to debate me to death to convince me to be on their side when I have no interest in convincing them to be on my side. So if you disagree with me, that's fine. Just don't expect me to defend my position to you because quite frankly, my opinion doesn't even equal 1% of a deciding vote and ultimately, I have other things to do then play an armchair political pundit game of which I have no deep interest in.

Now, with that being said, I'm going to break my usual political silence. Here goes. I don't know if I'm voting for John McCain. I don't know if I'd vote for Barack Obama. All I know is that I'm not voting for Hillary Clinton. But why? It's not because she's a woman. It is not because I disagree with the majority of her policies (which doesn't mean that I do agree with her policies). It's because I don't like her. Why? She seems fake, or if the other candidates are also fake, she is the worst at being fake. Also, she annoys me. Obama and McCain do not.

Is that a childish reason? Yes. However, I know that no matter who gets to be president, there will ultimately be some things being done that I agree with and stuff that I don't agree with. If you think you are going to get the leader that does everything you want him/her to do, you couldn't be more misguided if you tried. So with that mindset, I look at some of the issues and the candidates' demeanors and I think that I wouldn't mind McCain or Obama being president.

I don't think that way about Hillary. John McCain strikes me as an experienced person that knows what he's talking about and is willing to listen to input from other people regardless of party. Obama strikes me as an idealist that wants to change the U.S. for the better while accepting the guidance and wisdom of other people. Hillary strikes me as a person who will do her agenda without really paying attention to what is really going on. I think she even takes her husband, the former president's, advice with a grain of salt. That and I either don't agree with her views or don't agree with her methods of obtaining the views that I agree with.

So let be known to the world, that the candidate that I will vote for in 2008 will be...Not Hillary Clinton. Thus I will post a bumper sticker on my car that reads "No Clinton in '08." Actually, I won't do that because bumper stickers are hard to remove and I don't want to be the future equivilant of the guy that still has a Gore/Lieberman sticker on his car in 2008.

On another note, it's been established on every other radio show in the country that Barack Obama and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson sound creepily alike. However, I never knew how much until I saw this video. I'm sorry, Mr. Obama, but it's called the WWE title now. I hope you do win the primary from the "thong wearing fatty," though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of voting for the Prohibition Party candidate myself.

Ed